Air Filter Buying Guide: Frequently Asked Questions
What Kind of Air Filters Does My Lexus Have?
One for the engine and one for the cabin.
What Does an Air Filter Do?
Capture airborne contaminants. That means everything from dirt, dust, and sand to mold spores and pollen, even things like road debris and insects. The engine air filter keeps them from entering the air intake and getting into the rest of the motor. The cabin air filter keeps them out of the ducts and vents in the heater and air conditioning system.
What are Air Filters Made of?
Synthetic paper or foam, if not cotton or metal. The media is pleated to trap infiltrates better. It's also either flat, circular, or cylinder-shaped. Some media, you can even reuse -- simply wash and replace it.
When Should They be Replaced?
When you see the following symptoms:
- Clogs and obstructed airflow
- Filter wear
- Filter damage
- A lit Check Engine light or other warning lights on the dash
- Misfires or other unusual engine noises
- Engine power loss
- Trouble accelerating
- A sudden drop in fuel efficiency
- Black smoke coming out of the exhaust tail pipe
- Abnormal whistling sounds coming from the vents in the cabin
- Interior air quality issues, e.g., dirty or stale smells
Otherwise, change them at least once a year -- every 12,000 to 15,000 miles or so, and no more than every 30,000 miles. You can find further info and instructions in the maintenance schedule in your owner's manual. When it's time to order new ones, make sure they're genuine.
Why Buy Genuine Lexus Air Filters?
The brand manufactures them to fit the car or SUV model you drive perfectly. That's a guarantee that aftermarket brands can't always make.
Where Can I Order OEM Air Filters for my Lexus?
Online, from our auto parts store. Simply browse our inventory by model and model year; it'll make finding what's compatible a lot easier. Buy now, and we'll ship to your address, ASAP.
- IS F,
- 11 more
- IS F,
- 18 more
No results found for "air filter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!